Deferred Gift Annuity
How It Works
- You transfer cash or securities to Pomona College.
- Beginning on a specified date in the future, Pomona College begins to pay you, or up to two annuitants you name, fixed annuity payments for life.
- The remaining balance passes to Pomona College when the contract ends.
- You must be at least 55 to begin receiving payments.
- The minimum gift requirement is $10,000.
- Deferral of payments permits a higher annuity rate and generates a larger charitable deduction.
- You can target your annuity payments to begin when you need them, such as retirement or when a grandchild needs help with tuition payments.
- The longer you defer payments, the higher the effective rate you will receive.
- More details on deferred gift annuity.
- Frequently asked questions on deferred gift annuity.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.